Cougar Connection

The Student News Site of Henry J. Kaiser High School

Cougar Connection

Cougar Connection

Kimberly McCoy running the 4x800
Track and Field
April 24, 2024
Fresh-Soph Banquet
Fresh-Soph Banquet
April 24, 2024
Kung Fu Panda 4
Kung Fu Panda 4
April 23, 2024

Fatboys Makes a Come Back to Koko Marina

Fatboys reopens its restaurant for both eat in and take out dining
Fatboys new outside dining
Fatboys new outside dining
Fatboys Restaurant

Fatboys Aloha Diner is located in Koko Marina Center down the street from Kaiser High School. Fatboys is a family restaurant that offers a variety of food options including breakfast plates, Hawaiian-style lunch plates, and dinner selections. They are open daily from 7a.m. to 9p.m. and give the option of indoor and outdoor seating as well as take-out.

After temporarily closing in 2022, Fatboys is newly remodeled and open for business. The interior renovations have taken the restaurant’s aesthetic from an old local feel to a new modern look. Although the community is glad to see Fatboys comeback, the updated prices have caught the attention of local customers. Lily Verhun, a newly hired employee has shared her experience with the new opening ¨Regular plates used to be only $12 but they changed it to $22 which seems really excessive.¨Vurhun has explained that many customer are unhappy with these new prices 

¨I’ve yet to have a customer who hasn’t pointed out the change, many people will walk in, look at the menu, and then leave before ordering¨ 

Below is an image of the old Fatboy’s menu with the past prices.

This is an image of the original Fatboys menu (Fatboys)

Looking past the prices, Fatboys continues to serve its delicious meals. Plate options have not changed in the reopening and food has been said to be just as good as remembered. Kea, another new employee has stated ¨A lot of people have already put in requests for catering plates¨

The new renovations have been an exciting topic for a while, but now that Fatboys is opening and running again, conversation about the prices seems to be the focus now. A local customer Ben Gurr shares his thoughts on the issue ¨I used to take my family there to eat often, specifically because it was good food for not a lot of money. Now that it’s so expensive I don’t see us going there very much.¨ 

Overall the community is happy to have Fatboys open again serving them good food daily. The prices have been proven to be an issue but the service is great. The community welcomes back Fatboys and will continue to experience all the changes Fatboys has for the future.