Cougar Connection

The Student News Site of Henry J. Kaiser High School

Cougar Connection

Cougar Connection

Kimberly McCoy running the 4x800
Track and Field
April 24, 2024
Fresh-Soph Banquet
Fresh-Soph Banquet
April 24, 2024

Kung Fu Panda 4

Kung Fu Panda 4
Alamy

The main plot is continuing the journey of the main character of the series Po the Panda.
Through the series of movies, he has grown from the son of a noodle shop owner to the savior of China and is now being promoted to being the spiritual leader of his valley which was a title only the strongest was given. Due to this change in leadership, he was tasked with finding the next dragon warrior, a title he previously held.
The main villain is a Chameleon who can steal the kung fu of multiple Masters and is after Po’s staff of wisdom a weapon he obtained in a previous movie.

The movie was an 8/10. The animation seemed to hold up as before. Some might say it’s even better than previous animations. Jack Black’s performance of Po always puts a smile on my face and the humor of the series has not died with this movie. The fight scenes leading up to the final battle were all amazing. They really captured the spirit of Kung Fu panda, a good mix of humor and action.

Jack Black by Amy Sussman

The development of all of the characters’ relationships was good as well. I especially liked Po’s two fathers, one adopted and one biological. They both had a unique outlook on life which were at times very enlightening. During the short time on screen, the two of them had moments were very philosophical and
Some downsides were the pacing I would say. They could have elaborated more on some of the important scenes and the entire story seemed rushed.
The final fight scene was a bit underwhelming. Partially because of this and it was really short for a final fight scene and there was a lack of substance.
For a villain with all the kung fu of all of Po’s previous opponents, the fight felt lifeless.

A fellow student named James Kunihiro said that he loved the movie. “The movie was just as good as all the other movies but I prefer the third movie.”
Many reviewers had mixed opinions on the movie some said that the movie was terrible and lifeless “It’s a film that struggles with fundamental storytelling elements, leaving audiences with a sense of unfulfilled potential” said by an anonymous user
Another said “it feels like they forgot about Po’s character development during the third movie because the plot makes no sense. And on top of that, they couldn’t be bothered to pay the voice actors for the Furious 5 and several of the major villains that appear in the film.”

Picture credited to alamy

Others had a more positive light on the movie.
One anonymous reviewer proclaimed, “The movie was well paced, had great world-building, funny as hell, and heartfelt. I almost cried at a few scenes. It’s an amazing family movie, I believe that the 4th movie perfectly ended the trilogy.”

Overall the movie was very positively received by the general public and the long-time Kung Fu Panda fans. To summarize the film was good but not without its faults I hope that our Panda’s journey is not over yet.