Cougar Connection

The Student News Site of Henry J. Kaiser High School

Cougar Connection

Cougar Connection

Kimberly McCoy running the 4x800
Track and Field
April 24, 2024
Fresh-Soph Banquet
Fresh-Soph Banquet
April 24, 2024

A Tale as Old as Time

Kaiser High School Senior Prom

In a night filled with enchantment and the timeless allure of fairy tales, Kaiser High School’s Class of 2024 transported attendees to a world that mirrored the magical realm of Beauty and the Beast at their Senior Prom. 

The elegant ballroom of the Alohalani Resort was transformed into a breathtaking wonderland, captivating all who entered. The grand event, aptly named “A Tale As Old As Time,” brought to life the beloved tale of Beauty and the Beast. The attention to detail was perfect, with every aspect of the prom embracing the essence of the enchanting story. 

The evening commenced with an exquisite choreographed dance performed by the senior prom court. The court, consisting of the most outstanding individuals from the Class of 2024, gracefully glided across the dance floor, captivating the audience with their perfectly synchronized moves. 

“I enjoyed the court’s dance. It was super cute seeing all of the couples together,” said Sage Yokoyama.

Kahiau Nauka and Elizabeth Willis were crowned as the king and queen of the night. The titles of prince and princess were bestowed upon Kapono Ka’aihue and  Aly Segawa, Hiro Imahori and Mia Kumagai, as well as Bubba Setoki and Jewel Acob-Supnet, creating a court worthy of a fairy tale. 

Stepping into the ballroom, guests were transported into the magical world of Beauty and the Beast. The tables were adorned with magnificent roses in glass vases. Candles and fairy lights flickered softly, casting a warm glow upon the room and illuminating the space. 

The culinary delights on offer were nothing short of a feast fit for royalty. The buffet presented a wide selection of dishes, including salad, salmon, french onion soup, and brisket. Sides, such as rice and Korean potato salad, were also served. 

To capture the magical moments of the night, photo booths were strategically placed towards the back of the ballroom, offering a whimsical backdrop and fun props for friends to gather and create lasting memories. Professional photographers were also available at the venue, skillfully capturing special moments and ensuring each student had a stunning keepsake to treasure for years. 

The pulsating beats of mainstream popular music filled the air, courtesy of the talented DJ who kept the dance floor going throughout the night. The curated playlist catered to many musical tastes, from upbeat anthems to heartfelt ballads. 

As the clock struck 10, marking the end of the enchanted evening, the Kaiser High School Class of 2024 bid farewell to their Senior Prom. This captivating event, inspired by the timeless tale of Beauty and the Beast, will forever remain etched in their memories as “A Tale As Old As Time”.